Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wabbit speaks out.

Wabbit speaks out.




I am Wabbit. That's right, Wabbit. No I am not related to any of Walt Disney's
characters although there is a similarity,
I am told by my owners, of whom I am master, that I have Road Runner's blood pulsing through my veins.
I think they said that because I frequently just take runs throughout the house with no apparent destination in mind.
Once in awhile, I have recollections of Ryan and Susan. I did spend some quality time with them as they spoiled me substantially.
You know, I am just one darn lucky cat. I was actually smart enough to latch onto a young couple who camped in Rabbit Valley when I was about 10 weeks old. I made sure I stayed near their vehicle while they went hiking and that evening, I bugged them for food and attention, and they liked me and my personality.
Because I have tenacity, I was there the next morning when they woke, ate and started packing to travel back to their home.
They had heart, because they recognized that if I was left out there, I probably would have ended up as a meal for some coyote. They took me to the newspaper to find out if there was a human society close. Vera and Gayle took me into the office and kept me while they advertised for a home. Vera even kept me at her house for a week. I remember that she took me to Desert Spring Vet Office where Dr. Bob Bessert examined me, de-wormed me, gave me my shots and told her I was a great kitten. What a neat guy!
You know, this is an awful thought, but people dump cats like me out there all the time. Man, I wish we could just dump some of the people that won't neuter their cats so we don't get to the over-population numbers. But then, they would probably taste pretty bad since they have no compassion or good sense. If people just took care of their pets, their responsibility, we wouldn't be running around, trying to survive. Cats have feelings too.
Anyway, Ryan and Susan found me because Gayle and Vera put that article in their paper. I say "their paper" because they always paid attention to the community, its big events and its tiny, human events along with cats. The bought me toys and just spoiled me. They had Dr. Bob spay me as well.
So, I loved Ryan and Susan, but job and family situations caused Ryan to find Vera and ask if I could room with her and her husband. He knew I would be well taken care of and he was right.
Susan would laugh at my new acquaintances, Pris and Spook and that teen-age pup, Bo.
I have learned to use the cat window. I bug the other cats and play tag with that dog.
I hope Susan's mom is better and that Ryan's job goes well.

I seem to be getting longer in body. I am a black as coal so I look really cute with my red collar with its red bell. I outgrew my pink, rhinestone color but I keep it to remember Ryan and Susan.
Lately I have captured crickets. I am not so sure my new masters really like me letting them loose in the house.
Oh well, whatever. I still love just sitting on a warm lap. Sometimes I forget that a human isn't a tree. You should hear the "Ooo-uch!" when I climb Vera's back. I do love to ride around on shoulders. So, now you have it. I am Wabbit and glad of it.

No comments: